twitter google-plus facebook instagram pinterest Rechercher triangle-down Femme Actuelle Les Testeuses Hellocoton Mon compte
Vous êtes sur la partie communautaire de Beauté Addict : Le Blog de Danaefiona

publié le 7 mars 2018 Beauté › Bien-être

Apple's iPad Pro was a great and super-refined piece of hardware. But to me, Microsoft's Surface Pro 4 came much closer to being a laptop replacement.Apple just released a new, revitalized iPad Pro. It also previewed an upgraded version of its iOS operating system that will give the new tablet additional laptoplike features.On Thursday, Microsoft is releasing a long-awaited update to the Surface Pro 4. The new model, which starts at $799, is called, simply, the Surface Pro.A lot has changed over the past two years. But I tested the new Surface Pro for about a week, and my take is similar: Microsoft's new device is a better bet for most people than the Apple iPad Pro.Microsoft has refined its inspired original design. While Apple seems torn over whether to focus on tablets or computers, Microsoft's new Surface Pro is a killer device that incorporates the best of each.With the new Surface Pro, Microsoft is abandoning its tagline The tablet that can replace your laptop. Instead, it says the new device is The most versatile laptop. The change just reflects what's been going on in the market — tablet sales are declining, and most owners of Surface Pro devices already use them as laptops.

The marketing message may be different, but the new Surface Pro is largely unchanged from its previous iteration, for better and, in some cases, for worse. It's a great, little, lightweight, touchscreen Windows 10 laptop that's perfect for road warriors and creative types. But it comes with a few trade-offs.The Surface Pro kickstand makes it a little awkward to hold on your lap, even though Microsoft calls it a laptop.Melia Robinson/Business InsiderMicrosoft has made some nice tweaks to the new device. The Surface Pro is the same size and weight as the Pro 4 but includes Intel's latest chips. The angle of the built-in kickstand on the new model can go as low as about 20 degrees, making it an ideal sketchpad. The new Surface Pro runs quieter and cooler than its predecessor.And for the first time in Surface Pro history, Microsoft is offering models with LTE modems built in, so you can get online when you're on the go.The new Surface Pro also has a longer-lasting battery than the Pro 4. Microsoft says it will last about 13.5 hours, but that seems to be overstating things. I got about six hours of use per charge. Your mileage will most likely vary depending on how hard you push it.

But Microsoft didn't address some of the shortcomings of the previous model. Like the Pro 4, the Surface Pro sports only one built-in USB port. And the Surface Pro doesn't sit neatly in your lap, even with the official Surface Pro Type Cover keyboard accessory attached, thanks to its reliance on its kickstand.Speaking of the Type Cover, you'll need it to get the most out of the Surface Pro. The Type Cover is an attachable case for the Surface Pro that doubles as its keyboard and transforms it into a kind-of laptop.The basic version of the Type Cover costs $129. You'll have to pay $159 to get the luxury fabric-coated premium edition.If you want the Surface Pen, you'll now have to pay extra for it, too. Instead of including the Pen with the Pro, as it has done in the past, Microsoft is selling it as a $99 accessory.For $799, you get the main Surface Pro tablet. Then you'll need a keyboard Type Cover, which costs between $129 and $159, and a $99 Surface Pen. The accessories are optional, but you'll need them to get the most from the device.Melia Robinson/Business Insider

Microsoft has upgraded both the Type Cover and the Pen. The new keyboard feels a little nicer to type on, and its trackpad is more responsive. The Surface Pen is four times as sensitive to pressure as the previous version. And the Surface Pro will now recognize when the Pen's tip is pointed at an angle on the screen, so you can shade with it like a pencil.But the accessories add up. For a fully tricked-out Surface Pro, with the cover and Pen, you're looking at $1,059, and that's just for the base model. If you want a beefier processor or additional memory, the base price can go as high as $2,700, plus another few hundred for those accessories. It gets pricey quick.The good news is that if you own any previous model of Surface, your Type Cover and Pen will still work with the new Surface Pro, as will your wall charger. That could cut the cost by a bit.

• Acer AspireV5-551G Battery
  • Acer Aspire V5-571 Battery
  • Acer Aspire V5-571G Battery
  • Acer Aspire V5-571P Battery
  • Acer AS09A71 Battery
  • Acer AL10A31 Battery
  • Acer AS10D3E Battery
  • Acer AS07A31 Battery
  • Acer AL10B31 Battery
  • Acer AS09D31 Battery
  • Acer AS10G31 Battery
  • Acer AS10B61 Battery
  • Acer AS10B51 Battery
  • Acer AS10B41 Battery
  • Acer AS10B31 Battery
  • Acer UM09G71 Battery
  • Acer UM09A71 Battery

When Apple released the original iPad Pro, the hardware was pretty great, but it was held back by the apps that were available for it, which weren't as fully featured or robust as their counterparts for Windows or Mac computers. The new iPad Pro is supposed to be even better, and the upcoming iOS 11 will give it a lot more laptoplike features, but Apple's tablet still has the same shortcoming.In my estimation, the Surface Pro has a killer edge with Windows 10. Microsoft's latest operating system is good in its own right. But because the Surface Pro runs the full version of Windows 10, it can run a tremendous range of software, including the desktop versions of the Microsoft Office suite and games like League of Legends.The Surface Pro kickstand can lean back to about a 20-degree angle, the better for sketching.Melia Robinson/Business InsiderFor many people, the decision will come down to taste and familiarity. If you're already getting work done using iPhone and iPad apps, the iPad Pro might be perfect for you. But I'm betting that most of the time, the Surface Pro will be able to handle a broader array of tasks for a wider range of people than the iPad Pro would.

In fact, I think the Surface Pro even compares favorably with Apple's MacBook Air. Both machines are thin and light, but the Surface Pro has a touchscreen. And for me, Windows 10 is better suited for getting things done than Apple's MacOS.If you're in the market for an iPad Pro or a MacBook Air, you should at least consider a Surface Pro. As much as I'm loath to repeat Microsoft's marketing mantras, it really is a versatile little machine.A more complicated question is how the Surface Pro stacks up against Microsoft's other laptops. Since it released the Surface Pro 4, Microsoft has introduced the high-powered but pricey Surface Book and the student-focused Surface Laptop.

I'll have more to say on this later, but the choice comes down to what you want to do with your computer.surface pro surface laptop Microsoft's Surface Laptop, left, and Surface Pro.Melia Robinson/Business InsiderAt $999, the Surface Laptop is, well, a regular laptop, making it better suited to sit on your lap. That's something the Surface Pro is bad at. So if you need a more traditional computer with a bigger screen, the Surface Laptop is your best bet.The Surface Book has a detachable tablet screen and more horsepower. But it also starts at $1,499, making it a costly alternative. Plus, the Surface Book is bigger and heavier than either the Pro or the Laptop — something road warriors should keep in mind.The bottom line is that while the Surface Pro has some trade-offs, it packs a lot of versatility into a slim and portable design. Just know what you're getting before you buy it.A power outage at Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport (ATL) led to a ground stop this past Sunday, as airport staff and Georgia Power raced to pinpoint and correct the issue.

Thousands of travelers were left stranded as more than 1,200 flights were cancelled, with heavy delays spreading into the beginning of the busy end-of-year holiday travel period. Complicating matters: Delta's operations, which are based in Atlanta, were severely disrupted. This, combined with the fact that many of the airline's flights around the US route through the Atlanta hub, means that the consequences of the power outage may last for days, despite the fact that power was restored just after midnight.Just about any traveler who was scheduled to depart Atlanta on Sunday was forced to find alternate transportation or was left stranded overnight, as were flyers in other cities serviced by Delta and Southwest — Southwest also cancelled a significant number of flights on Sunday. Passengers even had trouble reclaiming their checked luggage, due to the logistical nightmare of locating and transporting all of that cargo without power.

Unfortunately for affected travelers, airlines are not responsible for providing things like food or lodging during delays like this that are caused by factors outside of their control.Except for those lucky people who had taken out the right travel insurance policy, most of those travelers will be stuck paying for all incurred expenses out of their own pockets. That includes hotel rooms (unless they slept in the airport overnight), food, toiletries, medications, and changes of clothes if necessary.However, some of those stranded passengers may find themselves in luck.When travel writers discuss credit cards, we tend to focus on things like rewards points and perks like airport lounge access. Two less-discussed features that a few cards include are automatic trip delay coverage and baggage delay insurance.While I focus here on the Chase Sapphire Preferred and Chase Sapphire Reserve cards due to their popularity, several other cards include the benefit, such as the Citi Prestige.Trip delay coverage is fairly straightforward. If you're travelling on a common carrier — virtually any form of mass transit available to the public, such as a plane, ferry, cruise ship, bus, or train — and there's a delay for more than a certain amount of time, the trip delay insurance policy activates and covers any reasonable out-of-pocket expenses.

• Acer AS07B72 Battery
  • Acer AS07B71 Battery
  • Acer AS07B61 Battery
  • Acer AS07B52 Battery
  • Acer AS07B51 Battery
  • Acer AS07B41 Battery
  • Acer AS07B32 Battery
  • Acer AS07B31 Battery
  • Acer AS07A75 Battery
  • Acer AS07A72 Battery
  • Acer AS07A71 Battery
  • Acer AS07A52 Battery
  • Acer AS07A51 Battery
  • Acer AS07A42 Battery
  • Acer AS07A41 Battery
  • Acer AS07A32 Battery
  • Acer AL12A32 Battery
  • Acer AL10G31 Battery

The Chase Sapphire Preferred's coverage becomes active after a 12-hour delay or any delay requiring an overnight stay. The Chase Sapphire Reserve's coverage is similar, though it applies after only six hours.In order to be eligible for the coverage, you'll need to use that card, or your Ultimate Rewards points, to pay for at least a portion of your ticket. Fortunately, in the event that you're using an airline's proprietary frequent flyer miles to book an award ticket, you can still get the protection from your credit card as long as you use it to pay the taxes and fees, which can be as low as $5.60 for a one-way ticket. For example, I filed a claim after delays during an award flight this past summer, and it was approved.Passengers walk through the newly opened Maynard H. Jackson Jr. International Terminal at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport in Atlanta, Georgia May 16, 2012. REUTERS/Tami Chappell Thomson ReutersYou'll be covered for necessary reasonable expenses, such as food, lodging, transportation to the hotel, and anything else you need, for up to $500 per covered ticket — or $500 per person whose ticket was purchased with your card.

My personal experience using the benefit has been positive, although I've (fortunately) only needed to use it once, and it was for a delay that didn't require an overnight stay. I submitted a claim after I got back from the trip, and within a few months received reimbursement for lunch, a cell phone charger, a backup phone battery, and even a pair of headphones that I needed so that I could do some multimedia work from my laptop while I waited for my flight to board.The two cards also include baggage delay insurance — this benefit generally applies if your trip hasn't been delayed, but your bag didn't arrive at your destination with you either due to the carrier losing or misdirecting it. The policy kicks in after six hours, and covers you, your spouse, and any other immediate family members on the covered trip for up to $100 per day for up to five days.It's unclear if both of those policies cover cardholders who were stranded in Atlanta, or if only the trip delay coverage applies — we reached out to Chase for clarification, but Chase didn't return comment in time for publication. However, one way or another, eligible Chase Sapphire Preferred and Chase Sapphire Reserve cardholders can likely be reimbursed for up to at least $500 of expenses incurred because of the delays this weekend.

The same likely applies to passengers delayed because of the horrific train derailment in Washington early this week, as well as anyone else delayed during this busy holiday travel week.Just make sure to save all of your receipts, which will be necessary for the claim. Also remember to keep your expenses reasonable. For instance, a room at a nearby Hilton hotel will likely be covered, but you may have an issue submitting a claim for a stay at the Four Seasons.This is why I always use one of these cards whenever I book travel, and why you should consider doing the same.When your iPhone's battery dies or screen cracks, it can be tempting to throw it out and upgrade to a new phone, rather than repair it. It's just not easy for consumers to do simple repairs, and that contributes to a huge eco-waste problem around the world.That's according to a new report by the environmental nonprofit Greenpeace and tech repair company iFixit.

0 vote 0 commentaire

Partagez cet article

Réagissez à l'article de Danaefiona

Si vous avez un compte Addict, connectez-vous !

Sinon, utilisez simplement le formulaire ci-dessous pour déposer votre commentaire :

Votre pseudo *

URL de votre site ou blog

Votre commentaire *

Afficher les commentaires

D'autres articles pouvant vous intéresser :

Akku Dell 312-0894 pcakku.com

Das Anschlussportfolio umfasst nun neben zwei USB 3.0 Ports und einem SD Kartenleser auch einen USB Type C Port mit Thunderbolt 3 Unterstützung. Bei bis zu 40 Gbps Bandbreite können so drei FullHD Displays oder zwei 4K-Bildschirme (60Hz) angebunden werden. über optional erhältliche Adapter...

Acer um08b73 Battery www.all-laptopbattery.com

With Universal Windows Apps, Microsoft can make the case that developers are targeting not just Windows Phone customers with their apps, but the entire Windows installed base of 3.2 billion users.Will it work? It's hard to say. But one thing is clear: Far from being the proxy for Steve Ballmer that...

Akku Lenovo ThinkPad SL410 akkus-shop.com

Aus China gibt es neue Hinweise, wonach Apple der MacBook Pro Retina-Serie in Kürze ein kleines Update spendieren wird. Ende April hatte Apple bereits sämtliche MacBook Air-Modelle mit den leicht schnelleren Intel Haswell-Prozessoren ausgerüstet und obendrein den Preis der Notebooks reduziert...

Akku Dell MJ440 www.akkus-laptop.com

Wer nach einer Alternative sucht: Das Huawei Ascend G525 hat ein nicht so hoch auflösendes 4,5-Zoll-Display und eine etwas kargere Ausstattung. Dafür kostet es rund 20 Euro weniger als das Medion Life X4701.Ab 21. November gibt es eine brandneue Alternative: das Motorola Moto G. Es bietet ein 4,5...

Beauté AddictBlogs B.A.Tous les Blogswww.portable-batteries.comAkku Dell MJ440 www.akkus-laptop.com