twitter google-plus facebook instagram pinterest Rechercher triangle-down Femme Actuelle Les Testeuses Hellocoton Mon compte
Vous êtes sur la partie communautaire de Beauté Addict : Le Blog de Danaefiona

publié le 30 janvier 2018 Beauté › Bien-être

Reader gerdesi doesn't pull any punches, writing: If you don't monitor your systems you will be toast. Couldn't have said it better myself. In addition to finding a monitoring tool that you can work with at a network-wide level, gerdesi recommends Netdisco for those who have equipment that uses CDP as well as both Wireshark and nmap.Centralised logservers are on gerdesi's list as well, with Logstash, Graylog2 and Elasticsearch making up the core of his recommended solution.As I sit here typing on HP’s ZBook 17, I’m reminded of the Zenith ZWL-183-93 DOS laptop my brother gave me that hailed from the late-1980s. With its 20MB hard drive and pinky-blue LCD screen, it was no mobile workstation. In fact it didn’t feel that mobile at all really – at 7.3kg with the weighty NiCad five-hour battery installed. I dubbed it my portable paving slab.Admittedly, the HP ZBook 17 isn’t in the same league regarding weight – it’s a mere 3.48kg (cough). However, its proportions are reminiscent of earlier times. For a start, 17-inch displays on laptops appear to be a dying breed in favour of smaller, higher res Retina-style panels, but they can complicate matters.As HP’s flagship mobile workstation, the ZBook 17 sticks with tradition and relies on a 17.3-inch 1920 x 1080 resolution matte display. It can be configured with a Dreamcolor full-HD IPS panel, that’s 10-bit colour capable to deliver a professional level of accuracy without the need to rely on regular calibration routines. There are 15-inch and 14-inch versions too, the former available with a 3200 x 1800-pixel option and latter weighing less than half that of the 17-inch model.

What really makes the ZBook 17 stand out as a blast from the past is that when closed, it’s 34mm thick, which is kinda rare when you also get the real estate a 17-inch panel affords to spread out components. Yet at 416 x 272 x 34mm and weighing as much as a sack of spuds, you begin to wonder whether the words “mobile” and “workstation” truly belong in the same phrase.OK, so physically, we have bit of a beast here and what’s inside has a fair amount of grunt too. The review model arrived equipped with a quad-core 2.4GHz Intel Core i7-4700MQ CPU, 16GB of DDR3L 1600MHz SDRAM and a 256GB Micron SSD plus a 32GB mSATA cache card. It also contains an Nvidia Quadro K4100M GPU with 4GB of RAM.Contributing to its thickness is the inclusion of numerous interfacing options, a spare 2.5-inch drive bay and a Blu-ray ROM drive, but as I soon discovered, there was no software on-board to view any movies - thoughI did install Cyberlink PowerDVD later to give it a try.One of the reasons I'm still rather attached to my own 17-inch MacBook Pro from 2009 is that it has a PC ExpressCard/34 slot. Before Thunderbolt came along, shoving in an eSATA card was the fastest way to shift data around on a laptop. HP includes the bigger ExpressCard/54 slot on the ZBook 17 and what's more it does have Thunderbolt too. The latter has proved very useful to give a PC perspective when testing Thunderbolt hard drives and other peripherals but more on that later.

• Acer Aspire 4743z Battery
  • Acer Aspire 4743zg Battery
  • Acer Aspire 4745 Battery
  • Acer Aspire 4745g Battery
  • Acer Aspire 4745z Battery
  • Acer Aspire 4749 Battery
  • Acer Aspire 4749z Battery
  • Acer Aspire 4750 Battery
  • Acer Aspire 4750g Battery
  • Acer Aspire 4750z Battery
  • Acer Aspire 4750zg Battery
  • Acer Aspire 4752 Battery
  • Acer Aspire 4752g Battery
  • Acer Aspire 4752z Battery
  • Acer Aspire 4752zg Battery
  • Acer Aspire 4755 Battery
  • Acer Aspire 4755g Battery
  • Acer Aspire 4755zg Battery
  • Acer Aspire 4771 Battery

Underneath the ExpressCard slot is another for SmartCard use and this left side also features a USB 3.0 charge port, Thunderbolt, a full-size DisplayPort and a USB 2.0 port nearest the vents. On the right you get an SD Card slot, a mic/headphone combo jack socket, two more USB 3.0 ports, VGA and the Blu-ray drive. Ethernet is skulking round the back with the chunky power socket and a docking connector is in the base.Someone who has a mailing account with one of my domains, which in turn is hosted on a mate's server, had his email password lifted from his XP laptop and subsequently that account was used to send out a near a million spam messages. Or attempted to, I caught it with 847k still to go. So one clean up later, and blacklist maintainer grovelling notwithstanding, I have been getting the IP address, which also holds a few other domains I hasten to add, off the blacklists. I attempted to reply to my wife, who uses hotmail, and get a message back stating that the ip was blocked.

This I understand. It is, ultimately my responsibility. So I contact Live.com via their recommended route. I get an email stating they will investigate upon my reply. So I give them the run down on what happened and what I have done since etc.Email filtering is based on many factors, but primarily it's due to mail content and recipient interaction with that mail. Because of the proprietary nature of SmartScreen® and because SmartScreen® Filter technology is always adapting and learning more about what is and isn't unwanted mail, it is not possible for us to offer specific advice about improving your mail content.However, in general SmartScreen® Filter evaluates specific words or characteristics from each e-mail message and weights them, based on their likelihood to indicate that a message is unwanted or legitimate mail. Unfortunately, after reviewing the information you provided and in compliance with our mail policies, we are unable to offer immediate mitigation for your deliverability issue. However, we have some specific recommendations for you to consider that can help you to improve deliverability over time.

Now, this is reads a little false. First off, the message clearly states: Connected to 8.8.4.4* but sender was rejected. Remote host said: 550 OU-002 (COL0-MC4-F5) Unfortunately, messages from 8.8.8.8* weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list.So this pretty much indicates that there *is* a list and it isn't the content of the email, which was pretty much what the Live.com rep was stating. lLso, prior to this, the original email in response to my raised request stated:Our investigation has determined these IP(s) are being blocked based on the recommendations of Symantec's BrightMail filter.We will be happy to work directly with Symantec on your behalf to investigate and possibly resolve this problem. Symantec will re-evaluate your IP and remove the block if appropriate.I *know* that the internet is a very big place and my piddling little problem is just that, and that spammers are the scum of the earth, however, I can't email my wife. Or reply to my wife. (On this address). My friend, who kindly let me host my domain on his server, has all his domains treated similarly as the domain is shoved somewhere in Microsoft's hit list. If it was similar to Bing, I wouldn't care. But because Hotmail have a fair whack of all mailboxes, it is kind of a big deal.

PS - If anyone has experience of creating qmail mail send rate triggers, I would be grateful if you could contact me.This doesn’t bode well: I am not the sort of person who is able to make private purchases on account. As much as I’d love to swan into a shop, point at various things and drawl “Send them over, will you, darlings?” as I saunter off into a waiting limo, retailers don’t seem to like me doing it.Rather, they eye me warily as soon as I enter their premises. Their fingers move instinctively to the panic button under the counter and the store detective trails me everywhere with the enthusiasm of an Apache scout and the subtlety of a nightclub bouncer. If I fail to bring anything to the counter within two minutes, a whispered phone call is made, other customers move silently to the exits and I find myself stranded on the shop floor as the noise of barking dogs and an approaching helicopter grows ever louder. So it is with a little surprise that I am reading a letter containing a bill for half a dozen iPhones. Apparently I walked into a high street mobile phone shop a few weeks ago, bought the handsets on account and walked off with the lot under my arm. And now the invoice has turned up.

• Acer Aspire 4771g Battery
  • Acer Aspire 4771z Battery
  • Acer Aspire 4820 Battery
  • Acer Aspire 4820g Battery
  • Acer Aspire 4820tg Battery
  • Acer Aspire 4920 Battery
  • Acer Aspire 4920g Battery
  • Acer Aspire 4930 Battery
  • Acer Aspire 4930g Battery
  • Acer Aspire 4935 Battery
  • Acer Aspire 4935g Battery
  • Acer Aspire 4937 Battery
  • Acer Aspire 5000 Battery
  • Acer Aspire 5010 Battery
  • Acer Aspire 5020 Battery
  • Acer Aspire 5050 Battery
  • Acer Aspire 5100 Battery
  • Acer Aspire 5101 Battery
  • Acer Aspire 5102wlci Battery
  • Acer Aspire 5102wlmi Battery

One call to customer services sorts it out without argument, as it always does. I have to put up with one of these scams every 18 months or so, and I’m getting used to the routine. The first time it happened, however, I was baffled how the scammer managed to associate his naughtiness with my name and address. According to customer services, he must have been in possession of hacked identity documents.Showing ID, as anyone working in retail security will tell you, is irrelevant. Proof of identity and proof of payment are not the same thing at all. It is not possible to stride into a mobile phone shop, demand half a dozen iPhones and shuffle off without paying, even if I show a driving licence with a photo of the Queen on it.No, all that has happened is that a disgruntled or dodgy employee at the mobile phone shop or one of his mates has walked away with armfuls of handsets, leaving a misleading trail of customer names randomly nabbed from the database to throw the scent before scarpering. It could be the shop assistant, the work experience kid, the delivery man, anyone.

Basically, it’s all too tempting. The goods and the customer database are just sitting there, pleading to be raided. Just borrow the key to each – or easier still, nick them – and you’re away.The scam may not even be that smart. Every time I take out a phone contract with a new provider, I am handed a cheap ballpoint pen and ordered to complete a complicated paper form while the shop assistant toddles off to photocopy my passport and electricity bill. Who needs to hack into a database of customer addresses when the original paper versions are already kicking about the shop in various unmonitored filing cabinets and in-trays? Forget name and password, these sheets of triplicate contain my bank and credit card details, inside leg measurement and DNA samples.Games maker Valve has launched Steam In-Home Streaming, a new service that allows Steam subscribers to view and play games that are running on their primary PCs on devices located anywhere in their homes.When you log into Steam on two computers on the same network, they automatically connect, allowing you to remotely install, launch, and play games as though you were sitting at the remote PC, Valve's page announcing the new feature explains.

0 vote 0 commentaire

Partagez cet article

Réagissez à l'article de Danaefiona

Si vous avez un compte Addict, connectez-vous !

Sinon, utilisez simplement le formulaire ci-dessous pour déposer votre commentaire :

Votre pseudo *

URL de votre site ou blog

Votre commentaire *

Afficher les commentaires

D'autres articles pouvant vous intéresser :

Akku Lenovo ThinkPad SL410 akkus-shop.com

Aus China gibt es neue Hinweise, wonach Apple der MacBook Pro Retina-Serie in Kürze ein kleines Update spendieren wird. Ende April hatte Apple bereits sämtliche MacBook Air-Modelle mit den leicht schnelleren Intel Haswell-Prozessoren ausgerüstet und obendrein den Preis der Notebooks reduziert...

Asus G53JW laptop battery www.dearbattery.co.uk

Janus remains something of a mystery. The god Janus had two faces, to look two ways at once, and it’s tempting to see that reflected in a concept machine able to succeed in both the business and the games markets - perhaps the way it had once been thought that the QL might go. Equally, and...

Acer Aspire 8920G laptop battery www.dearbattery.co.uk

I tried the Asus C720 Chromebook on a train tethered to an iPhone 4S – that was the easy part. Getting frozen out of my typing on Google Docs every time the train went through a tunnel and the signal was lost was tiresome to say the least. Of course, there is an offline mode, which takes care of...

Dell PT6V8 Battery www.all-laptopbattery.com

Following last week's Paris attacks, the French National Assembly has today voted to extend the nation's state of emergency for a further three months. It will also amend powers established in the original 1955 legislation in light of technological developments.Despite the murders of 129 victims...

Beauté AddictBlogs B.A.Tous les Blogswww.portable-batteries.comDell PT6V8 Battery www.all-laptopbattery.com