twitter google-plus facebook instagram pinterest Rechercher triangle-down Femme Actuelle Beauté-Addict Hellocoton Mon compte
Vous êtes sur la partie communautaire de Beauté Addict : Le Blog de Danaefiona

publié le 3 novembre 2017 Beauté › Troc entre nous

Taken in its broadest sense, it may cover a multitude of legitimate software tools, including basic things like antivirus packages, that cannot be exported without a government-approved license, if that's even possible.And by exported, we mean, downloaded anywhere outside its country of origin, or installed on a laptop and taken abroad.Security researchers are worried that the programming, debugging and reverse-engineering utilities they rely on will be export-controlled, preventing them from using the software unless a government grants them permission.The primary reason given for the changes is to stop repressive regimes around the world from buying sophisticated software that can be used to spy on political opponents and others.This snoop-ware usually exploits security vulnerabilities in the targets' computers to silently and secretly install itself. Companies like Gamma International and the Italian-based Hacking Team will sell surveillance software to almost all comers.The updated language tries to crack down on this trade of vulnerability-exploiting super-spyware; as a result, it puts a significant crimp in the sale and exchange of information about exploitable software security flaws.The market for zero-day vulnerabilities can be a lucrative one; the new language bans the sale of details of unpatched flaws to anyone other than one's own government.

"There is a policy of presumptive denial for items that have or support rootkit or zero-day exploit capabilities," said Randy Wheeler, director of the information technology controls division of BIS, during a conference call discussing the new rules.But as Nate Cardozo, staff attorney for the Electronic Frontier Foundation, explained to The Register, those rules could be taken to mean that tools that spot zero-day attacks and craft proof-of-concept code to prove that vulnerabilities can be exploited by bad guys. And while keeping spyware out of the hands of repressive regimes is admirable, the proposed rules go way too far, we're told."This was drafted by someone who doesn't understand security research and the effect of its implementation, not just on researchers but the general public as well: It's ludicrous," Cardozo said."These implementations will do nothing to keep surveillance software out of the hands of the worse actors and will harm those who are seeking to limit their use."

Keeping dirt and water away from your tech is all well and good but frankly I’m just as concerned with keeping the great outdoors away from my socks, skivvies and other sundries. That’s why I used a Dry Flat.You can get Dry Flat bags in capacities ranging from 5 to 30 litres and I reckon the biggest is perfect for most outdoorsy, camping-type activities. Thanks to its heavyweight ripstop TPU outer shell and rather clever roll, fold and clip top, the Dry Flat is completely waterproof. In fact unless you fill the thing full of bricks it will even float.With two D-rings and a shoulder strap it’s easy to hang or carry and it packs down small when empty. It’s no rucksack replacement but, as a way of keeping your shizzle clean and dry when living like a medieval peasant, it takes some beating. If 30 litres just isn't enough, the accompanying Dry Tube range goes up to 60 litres.I seldom leave home without some sort of power bank and my current fave is the 10,400mAh Ventura PB60. The unique design is the main reason. Made up of five cells encased in a flexible silicone sheath, it can be rolled up or laid flat. Or anything in between. A handy plug helps keep gunk out of the USB ports although it’s not actually rated as being dust- or water-proof.

With a 1.5amp output the PB60 will charge up most portable devices tout de suite and it has a manual on/off switch which I like. Of course, most power banks don’t quite pack the juice stamped on the box and the PB60 is no different. Judging by the number of times I recharged a flat Samsung Galaxy A5 it seems to hold about 80 per cent of the advertised capacity, or just over 8,000mAh. I can live with that.What some of you might not be so happy to live with is that the PB60 only has one output socket. If you don't mind paying a bit extra for the same capacity, for around £65 there's the Tylt Energi 10k that has three standard USB A ports to charge multiple devices..The South African-developed powerless slow cooker Wonderbag is actually intended for use in the developing world. But that’s a term that easily describes the majority of festivals I’ve attended over the years. Made from recycled foam, the Wonderbag is essentially a giant tea cosy.Bring your stew or pottage or risotto or hearty soup or miscellaneous culinary gloop to the boil; pop your pot into the bag; put the padded lid on; pull the draw cord top shut; leave to simmer for up to eight hours and bingo, hot scoff. Despite seemingly playing fast and loose with the laws of physics regarding the conservation of energy, the Wonderbag does actually work.My wonderful culinary magician of a fiancée (she made me type that…) has started using my review sample instead of a Crock-Pot. There can be no higher praise. Perfect to leave something cooking in your tent while you spend a few hours in the face-painting marquee or queuing for a pee.

• Apple MacBook 13 inch Battery
  • Apple iBook G4 12inch Battery
  • Apple 13 inch MacBook Air Battery
  • Apple PowerBook G4 15inch Battery
  • Apple MacBook Pro 17inch Battery
  • Apple MacBook Pro 15" Battery
  • Apple MacBook Pro 15.4" Battery
  • Apple MacBook Pro 13inch Battery
  • Apple PowerBook G4 15 inch Battery
  • Apple PowerBook G4 12inch Battery
  • Apple MacBook Pro 17" Battery
  • Apple MacBook Pro 15 inch Battery
  • Apple MacBook Pro 13 inch Battery
  • Apple Macbook Air 13 inch Battery
  • Apple MacBook Air 13.3" Battery
  • Apple PowerBook G4 17inch Battery
  • Apple PowerBook G4 15inch Titanium Battery
  • Apple PowerBook G4 15" A1106 Battery
  • Apple MacBook Unibody 13" Battery

If you reckon Chrome is eating up your laptop's battery, you're not alone. Google is concerned, too, but it says it's not all its fault – Adobe's to blame.Specifically, the culprit is the Adobe Flash plugin that comes built into Chrome and which automatically displays any Flash content it finds on web pages, according to Google software engineer Tommy Li."Adobe Flash allows web pages to display rich content – but sometimes that can put a squeeze on your laptop's battery," Li said in a blog post on Thursday.To address this, Google has come up with a new fix for its browser – working with Adobe, naturally – that helps curb Chrome's juice jones by running Flash content selectively, rather than letting every item of Flash on a given page run all at once."When you're on a webpage that runs Flash, we'll intelligently pause content (like Flash animations) that aren't central to the webpage, while keeping central content (like a video) playing without interruption," Li said. "If we accidentally pause something you were interested in, you can just click it to resume playback."Li didn't post any before-and-after benchmarks to illustrate what impact this change has on battery life, saying only that it "significantly reduces power consumption."

The interesting part is that Chrome can already do what Li describes. In the Chrome desktop browser's Content Settings, under the Privacy heading, there is a setting called Plugins. By default it's set to "Run all plugin content (recommended)," but another option is "Detect and run important plugin content." That's the fix Li is talking about.Beginning with the latest Chrome Beta version, which was released on Thursday, "Detect and run important plugin content" will be the default setting. The same change will roll out to Stable versions of desktop Chrome in the near future.The parenthetical "recommended" will also be removed from the "Run all plugin content" option.Naturally, when your Chrome is next updated, you'll still be able to switch back to the setting's original default, if that's what you prefer. Or, if you think it's high time someone did something about all the Flash content on the web and the corresponding drain on your battery, by all means, go ahead and enable the setting now.

Li said Google plans to roll out other updates that will reduce Chrome's power consumption even further in the coming months. Comment It’s only taken thirty years, but we’ll soon have one plug that, on paper, does it all: power, video and all kinds of peripherals. Cue headlines about “one cable to rule them all”. And it’s reversible!However, “soon” isn’t “now”. It’s going to be a confusing and expensive journey before the promises are fulfilled.The last piece in the jigsaw fell into place yesterday at Computex, and cemented the USB-C socket as the winner. Intel announced that the third generation of Thunderbolt will support USB-C plugs.So only one kind of plug is needed to support power, video and audio, and high-throughput data peripherals such as disk drives.But that doesn’t mean one cable will support everything: there will be several different kinds of USB-C supporting different capabilities, ensuring confusion continues for some time to come.The reason is obvious to the tech-savvy, but less so for the typical user who has wandered into PC World on a Saturday morning. The plugs may be the same, but the capabilities are defined by the gadgets at each end of it.

Since the expense is defined by the capabilities of the host controller, it all depends on how much the market-conscious manufacturer wanted to spend.Most people who’ll see a USB-C socket won’t be getting Thunderbolt 3 performance, as the Thunderbolt hardware is a luxury-priced item that will continue to be in high-performance hardware, rather than the value mass-market.So the industry is moving to “one plug”, but retains lots of different standards. At least in the bad old days, you knew you couldn’t plug your projector monitor into the modem port and expect it to work. It wouldn’t fit.Right now we have two flavours of USB-C using the USB 3.x protocol: Gen 1 (5Gbps) and Gen 2 (10Gbps). Some companies throw the old USB 2 protocol through the physical USB-C connector, but we'll ignore those and focus on USB 3.x.The USB-C spec provides a few performance tweaks: asynchronous traffic flow, smarter power management, and more throughput for power and data. At its most basic, USB-C Gen 1 is USB 3.0 renamed: it's USB 3.0 with support for the new physical plug.Nokia’s N1 tablet conforms to this minimum: you’re getting one plug to charge the device with that also being a data port. But not much else. The host controller has a USB 3.0 feature set.Gen 2 is where the action is, but here, capabilities are moving along parallel (no pun intended) development tracks, moving at different (no analogy intended) speeds.

• Apple MacBook Pro Unibody 15" Battery
  • Apple Macbook Pro 17" A1151 Battery
  • Apple MacBook Pro 15" A1286 (Mid-2010) Battery
  • Apple MacBook Pro 15" A1286(2011&2012 Version) Battery
  • Apple MacBook Pro 15" A1286 (2009 Version) Battery
  • Apple MacBook Pro 15" A1286 (2008 Version) Battery
  • Apple MacBook Pro 13inch Precision Aluminum Unibody 2009-2010 Battery
  • Apple MacBook Pro 13" Battery
  • Apple MacBook Air "Core i7" 13" (Mid-2013) Battery
  • Apple MacBook Air "Core i5" 13" (Mid-2013) Battery
  • Apple MacBook Air 13.3-inch Battery
  • Apple Macbook Air 13.3" A1496 (2013 Version) Battery
  • Apple Macbook Air 13.3" A1466 (2013 Version) Battery
  • Apple MacBook Air 11" A1465 (2013 Version) Battery
  • Apple Macbook Air 11" A1465 (2012 Version) Battery
  • Apple iBook G4 14inch Battery
  • Apple iBook G3 14inch Battery
  • Apple iBook G3 12inch Battery
  • Apple Macbook Air 11.6-a1370-2011 Version Battery

USB ‘Alternate Mode’ is what gives Type-C ports the ability to support other protocols, such as DisplayPort (or Thunderbolt). This requires the co-operation of the non-USB peripheral working groups, and it’s still very early days. (Type-C itself was only announced in December).The power capabilities of Type-C have their own working group and spec: USB Power Delivery. And there’s USB-over-radio, being pursued by two groups, the old UWB-inspired Wireless USB group, and this one. You can’t have too many computer standards, as the old joke goes. Just call them all USB.So clear consumer labelling is going to be needed, but the personal computer industry hasn’t done a fantastic job on this in the past, even on simple transitions. USB 2.0 was High Speed, 3.0 SuperSpeed. Now the consumer in PC World will see one plug, but won’t be sure whether it will support, or not support, that particular monitor (“4K or not?”), or that particular drive or array, or be sure whether it provides enough power to charge that laptop and a phone at the same time.

Perhaps it would have been clearer to call USB Type-C “NooSB” or “Newport” (the council would be glad of the publicity) with something to label the feature set.Even for a tech savvy user – as most of you are – it needs a bit of homework. And since many of us act as tech support for less tech savvy friends and relatives, we're going to be kept pretty busy. All hail USB. Many companies put staff engagement high on the agenda: they reason that if you keep staff happy they are likely to be productive and stick with you through difficult times as well as when it is all going swimmingly.It is a perfectly sensible thing to do – so long as you involve the IT department in the process.My first IT support role was in 1989 and in those 25-plus years I have witnessed my fair share of horror stories that were caused entirely by the company's desire to keep its users happy.This has sometimes taken the form of an approved company policy created for staff engagement purposes. But it is equally sometimes the case that a well-meaning individual has done something a bit daft – though generally not with malice aforethought.I dislike the idea of allowing people to use their own devices on a corporate network. Even an ADSL internet connection with a Wi-Fi SSID that is entirely separate from the corporate network can be problematic.

0 vote 0 commentaire

Partagez cet article

Réagissez à l'article de Danaefiona

Si vous avez un compte Addict, connectez-vous !

Sinon, utilisez simplement le formulaire ci-dessous pour déposer votre commentaire :

Votre pseudo *

URL de votre site ou blog

Votre commentaire *

Afficher les commentaires

D'autres articles pouvant vous intéresser :

Acer AL10G31 Battery all-laptopbattery.com

I reach home and, still burning from my close shave earlier in the day and now determined to prove the survey wrong, I send a print job over local Wi-Fi from my Google Nexus 7. Poorly connected? Hah, I’ll teach them.Usenix Enigma The United States National Security Agency (NSA) is a notoriously...

Batterie IBM 02k6867

Dans l’ensemble, le Parrot Zik 3 ne s’écarte pas beaucoup de la conception de son prédécesseur. Il est extrêmement confortable à porter pendant de longues minutes, en partie grâce aux doux rembourrages assez imposants sur la face inférieure, et du serre-tête. Faites-moi confiance, si...

Batterie pour HP 593548-001

Gigabyte vient d'annoncer sa nouvelle machine à destination des gamers : le P55W. Il prend place au-dessus de son petit frère de 14 (le P34W v3) de par sa diagonale de 15 (38,1 cm), mais exploite la même configuration. Un ordinateur portable qui, sur le papier, semble donc intéressant et vient...

Accu HP Pavilion dv2100

In een mooi overzicht krijg je een lijst met licentiecodes te zien.Het scannen van het systeem kan een paar minuten duren. Als de scan is voltooid opent er een webpagina met echt bizar veel informatie over je systeem (heel interessant om te zien). Scroll naar onderen om een lijst te zien met je...

Akku HP HSTNN-DB02 akkus-laptop.com

Vor der Berufungsstrafkammer zitierte der Angeklagte dabei ein länger zurückliegendes Urteil des Bundesgerichtshofs (BGH), der als Grund für ein zulässiges Hausverbot eine konkrete Gefährdung des Flughafenbetriebes genannt habe. Er selber aber habe bis auf seine bloße Anwesenheit in der...

Beauté AddictBlogs B.A.Tous les Blogswww.portable-batteries.comAkku HP HSTNN-DB02 akkus-laptop.com